Thanks for signing up for our Hosted Exchange Services! These instructions will help you get your Outlook set up. Before you begin, you must have the following:
- If you’re migrating from another service, wait until AFTER your cut-over day and time
- Your email address
- Your email password
- Outlook 2010 or higher (contact us if you do not)
Then proceed with the following steps
- Launch Outlook
- If you have another email account already configured, go to the File menu > Accounts > click on the Add Account button near the top of the screen
- If you are opening Outlook for the first time, proceed with step 2 below
- At the New Account Wizard, enter in your Display Name, email address and password for your account and click Next. [expand title=”Show example”] [/expand]
- Your account settings should automatically be detected. You may be prompted more than once for your password. Please make sure you click “Remember Password” before continuing. [expand title=”Show example”] [/expand]
- When you get a security prompt, check the box Don’t ask me about this website again and then click Allow. [expand title=”Show example”] [/expand]
- Click Finish on the Wizard
- Close and re-open Outlook. If you are prompted to enter your password again, type it in and click Remember password. Repeat closing/opening to ensure your password is now saved.
You are now connected to the Exchange Server. Please make note of the server status message in the lower right corner of the Outlook window. It should read “Connected to Microsoft Exchange” or “Online with Exchange” and “All folders are up to date.” This verifies that you are successfully connected to the server.