Adding an Exchange account on the iOS device:
- For iOS 11: Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add Account.
For iOS 10: Go to Settings > Mail > Account > Add Account.
For iOS 9 and lower: Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars > Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the full email address in the Email field and your mailbox password in the Password field, then tap Next.
- The device will try to configure the Exchange server address automatically. If the server address can’t be determined, you will be asked to enter it. However, this is a very unusual circumstance. This step usually fails because you are not typing the right password or have selected the wrong account type. Please check your password using Outlook Web Access before continuing. If your password isn’t working, stop here and call us for a password reset. If you’re password is correct, first cancel and start over from Step 1 AFTER you have made sure that any previous attempt to set up the account has been removed from Accounts. If you are being asked for server settings, make sure you fill in the following fields with the information provided in the Welcome Email.
- Server name: see Welcome Email
- Username: type your full email address
- Password: be sure to type it correctly
- Domain: Leave it blank
- Use SSL: checked
- The device offers to immediately sync with the Exchange server. If you choose not to sync at this time, you can turn on calendar and contact syncing later in Settings > Mail > Account, select your account.
For iOS 9 and lower: Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars, select your account.
- By default, Exchange ActiveSync pushes new data to your device as it arrives on the server. If you prefer to fetch new data on a schedule or to only pull new data manually, go to Settings > Fetch New Data to change the settings.
- To change how many day’s worth of data is synced to your device, go to Settings > Mail > Account, select your account. The default setting is three days.
- To complete the setup process, tap Save and wait for the iPhone to test your incoming and outgoing mail settings and connect to your mailbox.
Please note that not all Exchange features are supported (for example, folder management).