- a seasoned professional looking for a challenge?
- willing to dive deep and solve challenging issues?
- highly motivated with as strong sense of professional responsibility?
- have strong organizational and time management skills?
- capable of working independently and can effectively prioritize workload?
- a self-starter with the ability to make independent decisions in the field?
- honest, with a sincere desire to service customers beyond their expectations?
- able to interact with and satisfy entrepreneurial / demanding customers?
- someone with excellent communication skills that can easily speak to customers at their level?
- capable of working collaboratively?
- ready to be a superhero?
You will be a full-time IT Service Technician working for Computer Superheroes. We are a Managed IT Service Provider supporting a wide variety of small business customers in multiple verticals including healthcare, manufacturing, finance, and business professional services. Hours are Monday-Friday 9-5 with occasional evening and weekend work. You will perform timely on-site and remote service calls to small businesses, providing service beyond their expectations (80% remote work from home). We will consider a 100% remote position with the right person. The perfect person for this position is someone with strong interpersonal and technical skills at or near a senior level . Your success will be determined by our clients’ satisfaction. Client growth and success drive Computer Superheroes and you will be a key factor in the company’s achievements.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Diagnose and resolve computer and network hardware and software issues
- Install and configure computers, servers and network hardware and software
- Perform routine system maintenance.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and administrate Windows Server OS and Server Applications
- Documentation and technical writing of SOPs and KB articles
- Interface directly with the customers and end-users and provide orientation and training.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- MUST be MCP, MCSE, A+ and/or Network+ Certified or have started the certification process
- 1+ years experience with a Managed Service Provider Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) platform environment like Kaseya, N-able, IT Ninja, ConnectWise/LabTech, etc.
- 1+ years experience with Managed Service Provider ticketing, customer management, and business process software (PSA) like ConnectWise, AutoTask, etc.
- 3+ years recent hands-on desktop support experience
- 3+ years recent hands-on experience with Microsoft server products including Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Exchange and IIS.
- 3+ years experience supporting users of MS Office product suites including 365 Business, E1/E3 solutions.
- Experience with backup strategies and threat management applications
- Understanding of server virtualization technologies and advanced disaster recovery solutions
- Demonstrated TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking, routing, VPN, RAS, and Firewall configuration
- Demonstrated knowledge of spyware / virus removal and prevention.
- Windows platform knowledge absolutely necessary; Mac, UNIX, Linux a plus
- Must have a reliable form of independent transportation that can transport computer equipment safely and securely.
- Fluency in English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Strong Customer Service experience and friendly demeanor
- Professional written and verbal skills including the ability to clearly explain technical procedures to non-technical users.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Even-tempered, patient, easy-going personality – even in challenging situations.
- Ability to take personal ownership and responsibility for quality service.
- Ability to think and act quickly in a crisis with calm, focus and dedication.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be BONDABLE (no felonies in the last seven years).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- You will be hired as a W2 Employee. No contract work.
- Weekly salary, weekly pay.
- 120 hours PTO/year to start
- A comprehensive benefits plan, including health/medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- 50% compensation on additional training relevant to job requirements.
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Personal-use computer equipment and software offered at wholesale cost.
- Field laptop, tools, and other equipment for the job as needed.
We invite you to join Computer Superheroes today!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Please send your resume, references and cover letter and tell us the following: (Show us you've read this far!)
- Your complete resume demonstrating the experience required for the position as stated above.
- Include dates of employment, address, phone number and supervisor’s name of the positions you held.
- Professional and personal references.
- A cover letter outlining the following:
- Outline the software/platforms you have used for remote systems management and monitoring,
- Outline the software/platforms you have used for trouble ticket management.
- Outline the software/platforms you have used for IT documentation,
- Give us an example of how you saved the day!
- Your compensation requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position. However, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned. It is the policy of the Computer Superheroes to provide equal opportunity for employment to any employee or applicant, irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or national origin, or any other legally protected characteristic. All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. Equal opportunity for employment shall also be extended to those qualified individuals with handicaps who apply for or are employed by Computer Superheroes. Computer Superheroes is a drug-free work environment. Those candidates offered employment may be required to pass a drug test and/or background investigations. Employment with the Computer Superheroes may be contingent on successful completion of both the drug test and/or background investigations.