Tired of running a business AND having to wear the IT hat? Let Computer Superheroes be your IT department.
Benefits of computer networking can be divided into two basic categories: connectivity and sharing. Networks allow computers, and their users, to be connected together. They also allow for the easy sharing of information and resources, and cooperation between the devices in other ways. Since modern business depends so much on the intelligent flow and management of information, this tells you a lot about why networking is so valuable.
Here are some advantages of Office Computer Networking:
- Connectivity and Communication – Networks connect computers and the users of those computers. Individuals within a building or work group can be connected into local area networks (LANs). Once connected, it is possible for network users to communicate with each other using technologies such as electronic mail. This makes the transmission of business information easier, more efficient and less expensive than it would be without the network.
- Data Sharing – One of the most important uses of networking is to allow the sharing of data. Before networking was common, an employee who wanted to prepare a report would produce it on a PC, put it on a portable disk, and then walk it to the manager, who would transfer the data to her PC’s hard disk. Of course they could email the report back and forth with each making revisions, but quickly the most recent could get misplaced, if that file was stored in a central location they each could make the needed changes without ten versions. Networking allows several to thousands of employees to share data more easily and quickly. It makes possible applications that rely on the ability of many people to access and share the same data, such as databases, group software development, and much more. Intranets and extranets can be used to distribute corporate information between sites and to your business partners.
- Hardware Sharing – Networks facilitate the sharing of hardware devices. For example, instead of each employee having an expensive color printer, one printer can be placed on the network for everyone to share.
- Internet Access – The Internet is itself an enormous network, so whenever you access the Internet, you are using a network.
- Data Security and Management – In a business environment, a network allows the administrators too much better manage the company’s critical data. Instead of having this data spread over many small computers in a haphazard fashion as their users create it; data can be centralized on shared servers. This process makes it easy for everyone to find the data, makes it possible for the administrators to ensure that the data is regularly backed up, and also allows for the implementation of security measures to control that can read or change pieces of critical information.
- Performance Enhancement and Balancing – Under some circumstances, a network can be used to enhance the overall performance of some applications by distributing the computation tasks to various computers on the network.
- Wireless – Everyone wants to be wireless these days. However, wireless networking equipment that isn’t set up properly is an open invitation to hackers. We can help you make an informed decision about integrating wireless connectivity and make sure that your choice will be secure.
We can help with your business network needs
We can help you understand the advantages of a network and outline a cost effective plan for equipment and installation. We can be your advocate when dealing with 3rd party technical vendors, like your Internet Service or software manufacturer. Because we speak their language, we can often resolve issues in less time than it would take to do it yourself.
Existing Network Clients – Does your office have a network set up already? We can streamline your network and insure that things are running as they should.
New Network Needed – If your office doesn’t have a network system in place look to us to build it for you, easing your burden to do what you do and be your own IT department.
Call Computer Superheroes today to have us come evaluate your new or existing network. We offer our managed service plan that helps business manage the costs of your computer support, read more about our Managed Computer Service Plans.